20/03/2013

Venice Photojournal (One)


venice
.
Venice is of course one of the most photogenic places, right at the top of the list of prettiest, historic Italian cities, with its winding streets, raised walkways to avoid the floods, & mouthwatering flavours of gelato. I have a ton of pics to go through, but here is the first bunch: the colourful houses of Burano Island, the boats, the gondolas, the washing drying in the squares of the Ghetto*, & the rain in Saint Mark's Square, San Marco...


venice
venice
venice
venice
venice
venice
venice
venice


*the word ghetto first derived from the Venetian Ghetto, as persecued Jews escaped to the city from various enclaves within Europe. 



NB. Thanks you for all your lovely comments recently, I love reading them, & I promise I'll get around to replying soon!



bloglovin'/pinterest/twitter
{all photos by me, except 1,6 & 12 by my travelling companions..}

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

beautiful photos!! I've been to Venice just once like 6 years ago..seeing these photos makes me reallyyy want to re-visit!

Sarah // DOTTY said...

Lovely photos! I especially love the brightly painted houses; I'd want the bubblegum pink one.
X

lafashionfolie said...

Such lovely holiday memories. Feels a million miles away now.

Your pictures are amazing lately by the way!

Sophie x

http://www.lafashionfolie.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...